“Put Your Best Foot Forward.” This is not only NAEOP President Pat Stelmach’s theme for the 2015-2016 year, but it’s a good philosophy for us all. It means to take on an undertaking with as much effort and determination as possible; to do something as best as you can; and to act in such a way that it causes other people to have a good impression of you.
One way to truly put your best foot forward professionally is by becoming a member of NAEOP and/or keeping your current membership active. There are many benefits to being a NAEOP member, including:
- Four issues of the Association magazine in an online format
- Certification through the Professional Standards Program (PSP)
- Reduced Conference/Institute Registration Fee
- Professional Development opportunities
- NAEOP Professional Publications
- Awards Program/recognition
- Student Scholarship Programs
- Networking through social media – Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter
- Professional Development Program – available to affiliated associations and other organizations
- Recognition of achievements at conferences
- Member’s Only access to free publications, area and state newsletters, etc.
And these are just a few!
This year, it is my honor to serve as the Professional Development Committee Chairman. I am here to assist you, members and non-members, by offering professional development opportunities to assist you and your colleagues in schools/universities nationwide. Have an upcoming event and need a speaker? Let me know, I can help! Want to have a professional development day but don’t know where to start? Again, I can help! The NAEOP Field Service Program is designed to help NAEOP affiliates by offering professionals to present a keynote address, present a workshop, install officers and promote NAEOP. If you are not or don’t have an affiliate but want to offer some workshops, our elected officers also offer their programs for educational organizations that are not affiliates of NAEOP but would like to offer workshops for their staff. Information can be found on this NAEOP website by clicking on the “Programs” tab and selecting the Professional Development option.
My goal is to put my best foot forward this year by helping other educational office professionals from across the country get as many professional development opportunities they can. Please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com if you need any additional information or if you have any questions about either of these programs.