CONNECTICUT, MAINE, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, VERMONT
Welcome NAEOP Northeast Area Members! As a member of the National Association of Educational Office Professionals, you are automatically a member of the Northeast Area if you reside in one of the states listed above.
If you are not a member and are considering joining, I encourage you to continue to explore the NAEOP website. A few of the benefits of membership are:
- Four electronic issues of the association’s magazine, NES Connector (Paid subscribers will receive a printed copy in the mail)
- Professional Standards Program (PSP)
- Reduced conference/institute registration fees
- Student scholarships and member awards pograms
- Networking with educational office professionals and affiliates associations nationwide
This year as the Northeast Area Director I have been asked to be the chairman for the Nomination & Election committee, as well as the chairman for Special Projects. I will happily serve in these capacities throughout the 2016-2017 year.
Serving as the Nomination & Election Chairman, I will have the opportunity to work with other committee members to ensure we have at least two candidates for each position on this year’s ballot. This year we will be electing:
- VICE PRESIDENT
- AREA DIRECTORS: Mid-Atlantic; South Central; Southeast and Southwest
Postcards of intent are due September 1st. Applications are due September 15th. If you are interested or you know someone that is, please get those postcards in the mail and start working on those applications. These documents can be found on the website.
Special Projects will allow our committee the chance to obtain wonderful items to raffle off at next year’s conference. We will also be working hard to get vendors for the conference.
Let’s all follow President Wendy Heslink, CEOE and “Learn Inspire Lead”
- We can “Learn” by utilizing all the professional development opportunities provided.
- We can “Inspire” others by participating, join a committee, or run for an office.
- This will allow us to “Lead” others to our great organization.
Donita C. Smith, CEOE
Northeast Area Director
Nominations & Elections Chairman
Special Projects Chairman
Great Oaks Career Campuses
300 Scarlet Oaks Drive - RAMTEC
Cincinnati, OH 45241